View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #51
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Re: While I'm Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseDale3and8 View Post
I really like that tailgate band that you are putting on. Do you know if one like that will fit an 81-87 tailgate? I'm thinking that they should fit but would like to know for sure. I just think that they are much cleaner looking than the 81-87 style. I looked on eBay today but couldn't come up with anything on a search for one that I did. What did you enter in the search window to find yours? ...Joe
I'm not sure if it will or not. I'm guessing it would not just bolt in because the earlier tailgates' indent is more rounded whereas the newer tailgates have really straight non rounded indents, but it may not be too hard to make it work.

in ebay, try "chevy tailgate band" "chevy tailgate panel" chevy tailgate trim" or if nothing comes up, just use "chevy tailgate" and surf through about 1400 items. It takes a while, but will get what you want, if it's there to be had. Also I like to put in "chevy truck nos" and just browse through everything.

Here's today's pics, about the same as yesterday except today it's got 2 coats of color and 2 coats of clear on it. It's going to be awesome when its been color sanded and buffed! They didn't get the bed done today because the truck had to stay in the booth because it rained really hard all day.

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 10-18-2008 at 12:18 AM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote