View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:02 AM   #62
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Re: While I'm Waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngin' View Post
Congratulations! How long did you have to go without the truck in order to get all that work done on it??? How much did it run you??? I ask because I may be getting stationed out there within the next 6 months, either Ft Benning or Ft Stewart don't really know with the Army!!! *sigh*
It took about a month, because they both worked on mine together until a small job came in, then it was just one at a time on mine. I also go up there frequently and everytime I go, I find something else to add to the "to do" list. The whole thing will be less than $5k and I supplied most of the parts. They pulled the cab and frame on the rack to straighten her back out. then They took the bed, doors and fenders off and painted behind it all. They painted the whole inside of the cab, between the cab and bed. They used a BC/CC system with two coats of each and a black sealer underneath. Then it was color sanded (not all the way down) and buffed and waxed. They also supplied the new windshield and installation, but I supplied the gasket (the glass man only had the plain rubber strip and I wanted the chrome trim). I had them do a bunch of little extra things here and there. Oh and they're spraying a bedliner kit in the bed, tailgate and lower half of the toolbox. It's not a super tough one, and I'll be using a bedmat, but it looks really nice (a lot better than just painting it) and beats a $650 bill at rhino/linex.

I guess I can post this, but if anyone's interested heres the bodyshop I'm using's website. I've seen several of there cars on the TV shows.
http://www.brownandbrownprocustominc.com/FRONTPAGE.html

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 10-23-2008 at 12:07 AM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote