View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #24
COCONUTS

Re: Wheels NOT Centered after drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobackwards View Post
So after looking through some photos it looks like the wheels may have been set back a little before we even dropped it. Let me know what you guys think? Also talked to POL about it. They said the spring may have been put in upside down I guess. Matched them to the originals in terms of what looked like the top of the spring and bottom. Anyways here a before what do you guys think. Hope I’m not having to move the x member forward but if that’s it then so be it.

I purchased all new stock stock suspension from POL for my 66 stepside and my first question to them was which way the rear coil springs went in and they replied it was “just a matter of preference”. Funny they would say it may have something to do with the springs?..... I matched mine like the originals came out, but didn’t lower the truck like you. They are centered on the retainer plates, so how could that cause them to move? That was another question and concern that a friend asked me when I was going to do a 3/5 drop originally. I wouldn’t have even thought about it if my buddy hadn’t brought it up. I did look at moving the x member to see what was involved and think that’s your simplest way out. I replaced all the coils, shocks, steering components, ball joints, and a new driver side lower control arm without anything moving. I did have to purchase POL adjustable panhard bar as mine was bent enough to to prevent the centering of the rear end between my fenders. Looking at mine it isn’t centered and favors the rear by at least 1”

Nice looking truck...I wish my underneath was clean like yours.
Attached Images

Last edited by COCONUTS; 01-17-2019 at 04:36 PM.
COCONUTS is offline   Reply With Quote