View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
jocko

Re: Hyd throwout bearing ... and clutch pedal effort, in general

thanks very much markeb01, great info. you brought up another one of my pet peeves with my current setup - pedal height (i forgot to mention that). pretty much feels like I'm kneeing myself in the chest everytime I shift (ok, not quite, but the the clutch pedal is noticeably higher than the brake pedal).

So, sounds like you came up with a great way to reduce pedal effort but that it increased pedal height in the process. Hmm, that's a tough tradeoff (for me).

I'm in the situation where I would be ADDing the slave cyl/master cyl combo from scratch since my 66 is purely mechanical. maybe my best bet is getting a clutch/pressure plate combo that gives me the lowest pressure with the purely mech setup and call it a day.....

I almost purchased a 62 short fleet (well, actually I DID purchase it, but long story short, it never made it to my driveway....) so I was seriously looking at the Novak stuff for the purpose of upgrading my factory dual cylinder to a power disk brake setup. Anyway, that fell through - so now am wondering if it might be a worthwhile effort to ADD in the hydraulics into the clutch system. Thanks again, great gouge!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote