View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #8
brimc

Re: 12 Valve p7100 cable fuel shut off

Got this part of my build completed so I thought I would update this. Hopefully this will help out others looking to not use the electrics to run the fuel shutoff.
I got a $30 10 foot PTO cable from Princess Auto. It is pretty heavy duty. Meant for heavy use. I think it should hold up good.
Picked a spot in the dash just below the headlight switch. Easy to reach from the driver seat or from standing on the ground with the door open. Handy if you ever need to shut it down without needing to jump up in the cab.
"Run" position.

Ran a hole-saw through the firewall just below the fuse box assey. Found a rubber grommet in the spare parts drawer. Also added some sealer to seal it up good. Should stay dry.

Removed all the old brackets and cut up a small bracket and bolt holder for the new cable. It locates off one of the old bracket bolts bottom rear side of the AFC housing. Just had to clearance the throttle lever slightly to clear.
Shutdown arm in the "run" position.

Arm in the "shutdown" position.

"Off" position.

There is very little effort needed to move the lever and the hold in both positions is very good. I have cycled it 10 or 12 times and it seems to work very good. Time will tell but I think it will work out good for me.

I have learned alot from reading these great forums on this great website and hopefully this will help out others on there future engine swaps.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote