View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #496
oliver63

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

I have THE RIGHT STUFF zinc plated rotors on the rear...they always look great. The CPP rotors on the front I have painted...but being drilled and slotted and the surface the pad doesnt contact rust. They look really bad having a spoke wheel where you see the rotor so much. I am sure there are front rotors somewhere zinc plated...i just havent found any yet and thought some members might have had some good luck with some on their trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I'd contact POL - Performance Online - via phone - and tell them what you are looking for. Not sure they have it, but they are honest and they have a lot of disk conversion parts available.

https://www.performanceonline.com/Br...evy-GMC-Truck/

Not sure about the zinc coating - does the truck sit a lot? That will keep rust off the surface. Might consider painting the non-brake surface of a non-coated one before install to preserve. Not sure this helps! This thread and forum is close enough - assume you've done a conversion on your 63? Many upgraded 60-66 to 71+ spindles. Ask about the drilling and slots - I'm pretty sure they have those available or can do it to something you want to order.
oliver63 is offline   Reply With Quote