View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #44
WOLFMANmike

Re: WOLFMANmike's 65 C10 Build

ok so this should be a great happy day right ? all new trans and converter and floor shifter annoying winding noise gone right ? ... NOPE ! get her out on the open road and its still there WTH ? turn around go back home my buddy comes over and brings his jack stands and sets it on the stands and has me go through the gears on the stands ... Found IT ! not good at all rear end Shot ! and when you let off the gas you heard this loud clunking turned off the truck grabbed the pinion and you could move it up and down and side to side turns out the noise i was hearing i thought was a trans was really a rear end and the noise was running up through the drive shaft and into the trans tunnel .. so the trans did not need to be changed ok now the heart attack comes calling around to find out how much to get the rear end rebuilt . $ 1200 i about passed out all i can manage to get and save up is $ 600 im in big trouble now . remember its my Daily and my Wife is Handicapped in a Wheelchair so if she need to go the the DR i have to have this truck . yeah im in a panic so the truck goes down for 2 weeks . while i call around to find a used working rear end . no easy task either one guy in a few cities over might have one but wont know till hes back off Vacation in a month so i dont have a choice i have to wait and see . 2weeks go by and im poking around on Craigslist looking and like a gift from GOD an AD For a 6 Lug rebuilt rear end from a 65 c10 . all new bearings seals and Ring n Pinion for my core and are you sitting down ? lol $ 575.00 MINE ! SOLD ! called him up he still got it ill pic it up tomorrow ... NOW More POS Syndrome coming POS =s Previous Owner Syndrome . so we climb up under the truck to start unbolting everything to put in the new one and Boom ! it happens the truck is a 65 but the jack hole PO put in a 60-62 Rear end . some might wonder why is that a problem well the Track bar on a 60-62 rear end is in a different spot on the housing and on the truck frame . so looking up under you can see that he forced this rear end in place and even bowed the track bar and bent the mounts on the frame to make this work see the pics
Attached Images

WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote