Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #314
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Needed some more speakers for better sound, but I wanted to hide them to keep the current look. The PO had added the small boxes on the kick panels, so I went up underneath the dash. Yes, you can fit a 6x9 speaker on both sides of the dash without cutting any metal or interfering with any other factory component. I did have to make a few brackets, but used existing bolts to make it all work. Now I just need to replace the broken radio and it will sound great. Yes, I used scrap wood from when we replaced the bed wood to mount the speakers into.

Also, my overdrive solenoid is toast. I took it completely apart, cleaned it, and put it back together, but still nothing. Not sure if I should get it rebuilt, replace it with a used one, or just bite the bullet and replace it with a new one ($385).

I don't know why, but I can not get the solenoid to seal. Maybe I'm using the wrong seal, but I seem to be doing it right, it just won't stop leaking
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote