View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #10
619atv

Re: Stuttering Stanley

Valves all acted pretty good....without pulling the head i paid close attention for any binding or snapping shut and everything behaved pretty good as far as i could tell.....i prob rotated the engine 50 times while i was messing with it and i was happy on how it all looked......
99% of the carbon was on the underside of the heat shield....im guessing the three holes got clogged at 1 point in time and it was downhill from there....
there was a bit in one of the intake "chutes? channels?" but i simply put a rag behind the carbon and luckily it all came out in 1 piece.....like a tiny piece of coal.....
eventually this whole motor and trans will be pulled and completely gone over but for right now i just want to make sure all my systems work (electrical brake 4wd trans ect..)....ill feel alot better knowing im building a complete engine for something i can actullly drive.....cam was $130 and after gaskets im prob about $300 in on the whole repair (including new timing gear set).....before i start forking out money to the machine shop i need that tiny piece of mind
619atv is offline   Reply With Quote