View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #124
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert1957 View Post
Just curious about $$$$$ for this conversion. Looks like roughly between $4500. to $5500. for all the "Scott's Hot Rod" parts based off his web site. with no labor.

At what point should someone consider just purchasing a completely finished chassis? or even an S10 conversion? I ask these questions based on trying to form a budget for my OWN future project.

I get the whole do it yourself thing, I know many people love the whole tear down and reassemble process. Just trying to understand every build thread I read.

Thanks
Absolutely and it is a great question. There is definitely a point where you start considering if it is worth looking for a full chassis compared vs. piecing together the front and rear clips.

My recommendation is try to really consider all your factors - money, time, your labor capabilities, and use for the truck. In my case, I had saved up a certain budget for "Suspension upgrades" so I had a fixed budget. I had priced out AME, RideTech, TCI, and other companies and no one could come close on price from me going this route. I also gave myself quite a window of time to get the suspension done so I didn't need something immediate which a full chassis helps you.

Also me personally - I did not want to do a S10 swap. So that was pulled from the cards immediately.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote