Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #1061
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Another good weekend in the shop. Been working on getting the engine fully mocked up and getting all the mounts made. I started last night by getting the radiator support mounted so I could see how the dual fans I got would fit. Which then lead me to see about how I was going to fit the intercooler. This is turn showed that I was going to have to use the Dodge radiator instead of the big block Chevy radiator. Bummer! I really wanted the extra capacity and ability to handle a greater heat load in the future. Ah well I guess I will keep it for a future update. I did however try and see if there was anyway I could use the Duramax intercooler, but it is about 3" too tall for this application, so I guess I will use the Dodge unit for now. The core support in these pics is super dirty because it has been sitting in the back of the shop since LST... Lubbock dust... Need I say more...

Today I got busy taking out the old transmission cross member because it raised the transmission too high. The weird thing is the mounting holes on the A518 lined up with the old Turbo 400 trans mounting holes. Too bad because I really thought it would be great to use the old Chevy mount, but no... So I grabbed some steel out of the rack and made a replacement. It was fun to build, and now I just have to drill the holes for the frame mounting and weld everything up.

Stay tuned
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote