View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #23
biketopia

Re: A couple of questions about the 99-06's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
I guess I've never heard of an 07 Classic Chevy. If I got an 07 GM, I'd want to swap the headlights as well as the grille. I'd want to make it look like a 2002 Chevy truck, as that is the one I like best. I was just curious if there were any perks to having a newer truck, such as the 06-07.

That and it may be easier to find a newer truck with lower mileage. But then again... it may not really matter. They're both pretty old by now.
There was a body and design change in 07 with the GM trucks, the classic was the same 01-07, 07.5-10 is the newer body style. the 01-02 Chevy, and the 01-07 GMC have the same front end. GMC never adopted the cat eye front end the the Chevy's did in 03 and up. I would wan't the newest truck I could get of that vintage. As stated earlier in the this thread the canbus protocol changed in the middle of those model years as well. If you like the 01-02 chevy front end, find a GMC truck up to the 07 model year.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote