View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #20
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Newest Acquisition

one of the major problems is that the ones that are left are in pretty rough shape, especially up here in the Northeast.. and that there are few if any reproduction parts. This week i thought it would be easy to find an engine pipe for the six cylindermotor.. had to have it custom made Luckilly one of the members here is into these vans and he had an old rotted pipe and he had his midas make one for each of us.. cost of them was $50 per which is great . Another example is the gas tank.. You cannot find a repro 66 style gas tank so the only way to do it is to buy a repro 68-70. You have to use the newer float and modify with a circut the sender. The install involves removing a crossmember and moving it forward about 5 inches 11 hour job to do a fuel tank but it is a labor of love for the old things... makes the squarebodies seem simple

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote