View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #1088
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: post up your camping pics

Nice ride with the pooches. I don't envy the camper redo on the roof. I'm going to have to do my roof and side canvas sooner than I would like after the wet from this last trip. My roof vent has a tiny leak I noticed as I sat there with the dog on the lower bench in the dark. Couldn't figure out why I felt a little bit of wetness on my leg. Turned on one of my overhead lights and could see a drip on one corner of the vent and it was hitting my ARB on the floor and it would splash and hit my leg. I rigged up a way to catch the water and went on to inspect the canvas with the rain pelting it. I could see areas that were showing signs of wetness coming through and in some spots where the lower edge is stapled to the frame was collecting water.

Replacing the canvas is monumental. It's going to take some arts and crafts skills to pull that one off. Since the headliner is stapled in at the same time as the upper edge of the canvas I'm going to redo that too. Mine has fiberglass batting for insulation and I'll put a higher R-value foil backed foam in it's place. Plus I'll wire it for solar at that point, powered fan for the vent and flush mount the lights.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote