View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #441
FarmerSid

Re: 1952 Chevy Vette Roadmaster LT1 Farm Truck Build

I hear ya on the brackets and such. Tons of info and options to go over. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and takes me a bit to get a understanding of things. Sometimes I have to just have to say "enough is enough!" and get it done. My overall goal is to keep the Vette theme thing going if can. In order to avoid notching the frame for the AC and ALT, they should be moved up high. The Holley brackets do this and look like the C6 engine bracket but can use the truck ALT. I've found used C6 brackets but they want big $$ for them and only take the $$$ Vette ALT. I like the stock look and the Holley is the same width as the Vette bracket. But this interferes with the inner fenders. The more I contemplate this, the more I'm willing to mod the inner fenders to fit. Not a pocket type mod but a long slice type thing to pull the metal in closer to the tire. We'll see when I get to that point.

I don't plan on buying all the parts just yet but planning ahead so I can get my engine placed for upgrade later on. Money needs to be spent on needed things right now and not at wanted things. Ha! I will probably run the truck stuff for now. That's what's going on in my tiny head right now.

Merry Christmas all!

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632938
FarmerSid is offline   Reply With Quote