View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 08:57 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: problem with seller hooverfish

Both good people. It's PayPal "family & friends" that is the bad guy here, and asking to use it was a bad idea. This post would not be here if not for that. As far as sending money orders goes, which is how I've done 100% of my sales and purchases, stick with USPS. Those will never be sent back. I have had one lost in the mail, which meant I had to back out of the sale out of fairness. The USPS waits 90 days before refunding and I wasn't going to send a second one with the other out floating around.

This is a matter of manners, not trust. The request for friends & family was the first mistake and there was no need to get crappy when the money order muddied things up. Crap happens, outside of our control, and 3% is no reason to get cross with another. Add your 3% if PayPal is how you choose to deal.

It's all about "instant results" these days and those who have allowed themselves to depend on that (PayPal) are becoming spoiled. It may take longer for me to use USPS money orders but at least my expectations are still realistic.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote