View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #15
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

It looks like you are correct, I pulled the rocker last night to do an inventory and it looks like I'll need all of the parts you listed. I was optimistic that the lower outer pillar would be good after removing the fender, but the door side was totally rotted. I have attached the photos, let me know what you think.

I have the chassis manual (original and came with the truck), but it doesn't cover the sheetmetal. Is there a guide for the sheet metal to guide my cutting? There is some layering at the pillar that I would like to understand better.

I also would like to know what folks do for some of these pinch welds and seams around the cowl and footwell, they are super loose and are just asking to leak. Do people use seam sealer (quality 2 part) to seal these up? Is it worth it to weld some of them? What other improvements, outside of the advice for the drip rail above, are worth doing now? I was thinking of seam sealing the door channel with a bit of an angle and adding a drain at the back of the door opening to allow the water to go somewhere. With the overlapping rockers acting as the "drain", we are just asking for the rust to start again between the spot welds.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote