View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #981
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
That castle looks cool. I like the design of it. Definitely saw a lot of different stuff on this road trip. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, definitely saw quite a bit on this run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean'smeanmachine View Post
nice build. do you have any videos of your truck on the web? id love to see more of it!
Thanks. The only videos I have are the ones posted earlier in this thread that I swiped from Larry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
Man i didnt realize you had gone up to silverton! you should have just kept on truckin up the hill past the old hundered. the stony pass road is a blast! and you can stand in the pile of snow that is the Rio Grande. and you were like a nice 20 minute fire road drive from animas forks. there is some really neat stuff left up there from the boom days.
We would have loved to explore more up there, but by the time we got out of the mine it was getting late in the afternoon and we still needed to head back into DGO. Next time we get up there I want to do a bunch of those trails. There is a lot of neat stuff up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Thanks for the pics of my old town. Those buildings on the side of that mountain look really neat. I'm sure it was one tough task building those back in the day!
Yeah, they were a bunch of hardcore badasses back then. From what I understand the trail that led to the buildings starts on the other side of the mountain and you have to crest the mountain, then come back down this side to get to the buildings.