View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
Frostflowz

Project Phantom - 72 GMC body on NBS chassis.

Yep..... I'm that guy, and I'll be the first to be fully aware that there are really no direct benefits to this over using the regular frame. However... I do have a story.

This is my 2002 Silverado Z71. I bought it in 2010 as a daily driver, and as you can see things slowly got out of hand. It had a cammed 5.3, built 60e with a converter, 4.10 rear lsd, etc. Static drop, it was a nice truck.

I had planned to touch a couple things up over the winter... and I slowly began to realize that this truck was nice and all... but it just wasn't this truck.

THIS is my 1972 GMC C-20. I bought it for $700 last year in hopes of redoing it later in life, however, it's been on my mind a lot lately.

I've researched this and found a couple folks who seemed to have successfully done this.

So, with that said, I am going to put the 72 cab and clip on the 2002 frame. I am aware of the fabrication and modification required.

Reasons for doing this? Well, I have a ton of money into the suspension on this truck, and plan to add more with a bag setup and 4 link. I ultimately love the 72 body style WAYYY more then the NBS. It's a no brainer for me, it's something different and I want a challenge.

This will be somewhat a slow build, so I can't promise any immediate progress. I'm estimating this to be done for summer 2015.

Jyst of the plans are...

Built 370 LS
Bags
Frame on ground
All Black
really loud
Somewhat modern interior

I'll post progress as it comes...
Frostflowz is offline   Reply With Quote