View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #95
daveshilling

Remounting the LS

By coincidence, ended up tagging along with a buddy to the metal store, grabbed some thick sheet, and knew I needed to tackle this engine mount situation.

I originally went with a straight tubing mount, but I ended up not liking those, as well as hacking them up because I moved the engine and needed to redo the mounts.

I went back to my LS Flatout mount thread where I asked for help the first time. Almost 3 years later, I took another look at Dans mounts, and decided the 3 wall style, attached to my original tube/bushings at the frame would be my best bet. I liked Dans Ford flathead mounts better, but I already had this so I worked with what I had.

I mocked up with cardboard and a wood dowel as a steering rod, then refined the cardboard, then started cutting and welding. My air compressor is on loan so I couldn't use the plasma cutter which made it take awhile.

Slapped them together and they're waiting for paint now. This was a huge roadblock...nothing moved forward until I dealt with engine position. Glad to have it behind me!
Attached Images

daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote