View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #30
88Stanger

Re: Major brake issues, help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (Asheville) View Post
I appreciate what you're saying but having done it several times I've found it almost impossible to "measure" the length since the master cylinder recesses into the booster by about a half an inch. Feel is a more reliable indicator. This may be one of the only times where "you can be too short but can't be too long."
Mike, I went and tried your idea. After putting in couple washers the space at the pedal before you feel it against something is now further down then before.
I understand your concern about the pin being recessed into the booster. I took a machinist flat ruler and laid it against the booster wall, then took a depth measurement to head of pin from a the flat surface of the booster, then did the opposite (sort of) to the MC. Did a little math and have 1/8th inch gap. Then I tested this with the clay on the booster pin and attached the MC fully, it too showed about 1/8" gap.
With your idea of the washers doing what it did makes me think it is ok. What you think? What I'm feeling at the pedal what it should be if it is done correctly?
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote