View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #12
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
That's a cool read! There's few things that beat a full convertible Blazer in my opinion, and I don't own one! Looks like you Colorado Boys have lots of fun. Next time I'm in Colorado, I'm gonna have to look Larry up. He's like a 4WD internet legend. I want to meet him and shake his hand!
Geeze, a legend? I am just a regular truck nerd like everybody else here. Thanks for the kind words though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Just hit us up. We do aim to have fun that's for sure.

Another piece of the puzzle fell into place on the 5.3 project. Funny story. My buddy that rode along for the snow wheeling run on new years pulled a fast one on me. We had a lot of seat time that day (right at 12 hours) between the ride up, wheeling and the ride back. We had a number of discussions that ranged from our boys (who have been best buds since 1st grade, now 17), cars, trucks, camping among other things. The topic got to the K5 and I went on about the plans of swapping in a 5.3L Vortec. I rattled off the list of what I'm still looking for. He's a pretty savvy internet hound looking for bargains and by the next day he had sent me some links of stuff he found that might be a match.

Fast forward a couple of weeks to today. He had me take his Mom's 08 Silverado up to my dealer to do the brakes and replace the front hubs for him. So I brought the truck back tonight and he motions me into the garage to check something out. We just installed a complete 2.5" exhaust system from Eckler's late great Chevy last week on his 63 Impala SS 'vert so I figured it was something about it. Nope, he's got a complete intake manifold for a 5.3 he found for me. He said it's an early birthday gift. I about fell over. He ran into somebody that wrecked a 99 Silverado and was parting it out. So he snagged it for cheap with the mechanical throttle body, fuel rails and injectors, bolts, the whole ball of wax.

I've got a few other items to obtain for the swap to happen, so I'm on the hunt.
Saw Wheat! We might be doing a 5.3L swaperoo sooner than later! Nobody is looking forward to getting your 5.3L crate out of my garage more than me
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote