Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #67
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

-I had this post all ready to post with pic's and it just vanished off the screen, forum maintenance?? Grrrr.

I got the conversion brackets remounted then put one caliper on temporarily so i could start working on bending up the rear brake lines with my cheesy tubing bender with a 4" handle, I really need a better one, its a pita with my arthritic hands but i got them done less the caliper end I'll cut and flair them when they get installed for the last time. They may not look like much on the bench but i bent them to have an arch that follows the rear diff cover when looking from the rear, so it looks clean from the rear..

I abandoned the brake hose routing shown in post 64 in favor of the one shown in post 62 but i decided to add a couple inches of strap to the weld on brackets to make the hose relax a little. But before i could do that i realized i had yet to install the new plug on my 30' extension cord so had to do that first. My first time welding in almost 2 years, not too bad for a rookie.

Glad i decided to save and reuse the old slinky's from the old brake lines, i think they look pretty good.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote