View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #219
72shymedblue

Re: Color Wiring Diagram FINISHED

Thank you for these diagrams. I have owned my truck (72 Cheyenne medium Blue) for 2 years now, and of necessity have just now started trying to sort out the jumble of non-standard wiring that it has accumulated over the past 40 years. Many extra wires and bad connections both under the hood, and under the dash. It's a mess. My immediate problem is as follows; There was a (non-working) add-on cruise control that I removed. After removing the wires to it, (and apparently one extra, maybe more) it would not start, but cranked fine. So i figured that i had removed a wire between the ignition switch and the coil. Right ? So I connected a wire from the ignition to the fusebox, and it started and ran fine. But only for a couple of weeks. Then my battery ran down. A friend told me that wiring it this way meant that the coil was powered even when the key was off. So I disconnected the wire from the ignition (orange or red) and now I am trying to find how to connect the ignition to the coil (if that is what I need to do.)
You have helped me immensely.

Last edited by 72shymedblue; 10-25-2011 at 09:31 PM.
72shymedblue is offline   Reply With Quote