View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #22
jcis4me

Re: 2 thumbs up for "brothers"!

Aloha Rush!
I am from the land of fruits and nuts too! Transplanted here about 7 years ago, I work for the Post office here in Hawaii, I know what can be shipped or not, but I have found out that most companies make deals with UPS to keep a trailer at their docks and pick them up and ship their parts. We at the USPS also have a pick up at your door service. You call us or E-mail us or ask your carrier to pick up the parcel and we are there happy to pick up your parcels. Oh and by the way we even provide Priority boxes and tape for FREE!!! We don't charge like UPS, We also have FLAT RATE shipping up to 70 lbs for one low price!
That is why I get a little hot under the collar when someone says we do not ship to Hawaii and refuse to ship by USPS. We in Hawaii are part of the USA yes we are in the middle of the south pacific but we are the 50th state.
And everything has to be shipped here. The funny part of UPS IS...
They fly ALL of the US MAIL here to Honolulu then it gets flown over here to Hilo And UPS surcharges their parcels because it has to be flown here, USPS flat rate parcels are still the same cost ANYWHERE in the USA, Larger parcels of course are more because of the size and weight.
Enough ranting for now, as for the parts I am looking for is a replacement gas tank mounted under the bed, and minor small custom parts, and I found a dealer in Vegas for my posi and gear set that will ship USPS which gets here in 5-7 days instead of UPS 2weeks plus.
I am just tired of people not using their brains and try to help out a customer get the best for their money, you would think that a retailer would go above and beyond in this tough economy to please a potential customer like me that is finishing a frame off restoration.
When and where does common sense come into play?
NO BRAIN NO HEAD ACHE!!!!!
Aloha
Marty

Last edited by jcis4me; 02-13-2011 at 10:55 PM.
jcis4me is offline   Reply With Quote