Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 AM   #66
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Update: Well I got the bottle for the Tig welder (100% argon). It has a few issues, the regulator is junk, the high frequency is a little flakey, and I don't like it not having a foot pedal to adjust the amperage. I was able to work through these issues and make some decent welds. If I had the option of leaving it stock, I would, in my opinion it takes an extremely long time to grind and weld the drip rail. I know I will have quite a bit of time in extra body work too.
It should look pretty good when I get it done.
I finished welding the driprail shaving, started grinding and finishing the welds. I also scored a 5.3 today! It has a few minor problems like the P.O. managed to break one of the cover mounts and tore a big hole in the manifold. He lost the motor cover too.

It is a 2003 model and it looks like the DBW type. Not too sure about that yet. It might be easier to set up. It also came with all the wiring, accessories, exhaust manifolds, o2 sensors, and exhaust drop downs. All this looks like a basket case right now but for $350 I had to buy it. Craig's list is the best!

Last edited by mcbassin; 11-28-2009 at 01:46 AM.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote