View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

OK so that chronicles the trial and tribulations of this truck up till now. From here on out it will be all current updates as to the progress I am making. Sso with the motor in place I wanted to get it completely mocked up as to not have to deal with any issues after the painting of the frame. So i got all my brackets from Davis Speed for pump and alt in. next I wanted to get some of my exhaust in however it looks as if this will be a problem.
Due to the fact that the Clifford intake will put the carb and air cleaner directly inline with where the stock master cylinder would need space it looks as if my only choice would be to go with an under cab brake booster. Well thats fine except that it would leave very little room for my 2 exhaust tubes to go under the cab on the drivers side.
So I think my solution (or at least as of now) is to make a set of custom split headers. Ones will allow me to run one set of pipes under the oil pan and down the passenger side of the truck. and the other under the drivers side. Now what I hoped for was that true dual exhaust look. I am thinking about doing something like this. either through the bed of the truck or have them come out under the running boards.

However, after talking to some guys over on inliners.org they seem to think the truck will sound like crap if I don't keep the pipes side by side. So I am still trying to decide what to do. myabe I will run both pipes under the pan to the passenger side and run the out the back. so I am kind of at a stand still on the front of the truck until I can figure out what to do with my exhaust. Any way heres the link to the company that will be doing the headers.
http://www.stainlessheaders.com/index.aspx
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote