View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #9
TKCR

Re: SPID is missing, 1973 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
LOL - ok - I'm in full "pedant" mode.

What the GM Heritage Center has (when they have it) is the original "invoice", which would have the RPO content, pricing, build dates, original dealer and the order-er's name (if it was a GM employee).

The "build sheet" is the document that followed the vehicle down the line, informing the assemblers which option content was needed for that truck. They were supposed to be thrown away at the end of the line along with any other trash like extra screws, coffee cups, inspection papers, etc, but often were built into the vehicle. That's why it was easier to leave them inside the seat or on top of the fuel tank than to throw it away. They only exist in the vehicle if at all, and were not kept by any historical agency be it the GM Heritage Center, Vintage Vehicle Services (GM of Canada) or Pontiac Historical Services (PHS).

Now I'm done.

K

Invoice from the Heritage Center:

Build sheet from my GTO (found on top of the fuel tank):
That’s what I meant, sorry, was the invoice. I knew that, because I got one for my truck from the Heritage Center.
I know what the build sheet is. I worked at a auto assembly plant for 30 yrs. I was typing and wasn’t thinking about the word I was using, my bad.
TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote