View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
Chaparralman1974

My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

Good morning everyone!

My name is Clayton Sikes from Peoria, Arizona, and I recently acquired a 1967 Chevy K20. I have been wanting one for several years now, and when this one popped up on the Facebook marketplace, I went to go check it out. According to the owner, it had spent its entire life in Seligman AZ, and up until recently, it served as a water hauler on a ranch.

For the most part, the truck is complete. It is an original K20 with the Custom options including chrome trim and badging. The truck doesn’t run, but looks to be mostly all there. It is an original 4 speed, with a 327 and the original Rockwell T-221 transfercase. The motor has been replaced at some point, but it is still the 327 that is optioned on the SPID.

My plan is to do a restoration on this truck. I am looking to keep it original and stock for the most part but, I will be swapping out the front axle for something newer with disc brakes, and will be adding power steering, but the end result is that I want to keep the truck original.

I plan to use this thread to document my progress on the build. I started working on it a few weeks ago and have been keeping a journal of my progress, but I also want to document what I am doing here on the forum. I have been a lurker on this forum for some time now and have found a wealth of information, so hopefully I can pay it forward by documenting my progress.

Cheers!
Clay
Attached Images

Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote