Thread: Rarest Option
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #71
chtr65

Re: Rarest Option

Thanks for sharing your sad dealings about SMS. My story dealing with him is a rather lengthy one as is yours. You get that from people like him, and his company. I happen to have been in the trim business for many years doing what I would consider high end European cars. So I know a few things about fabric. He is definitely the worst I have dealt with. Many many years ago the jobbers in this country had hundreds of bolts of this vintage material squirreled away for there customers. As years past and the requests got fewer, They decide to sell there vintage fabric to either SMS or the place in Michigan. The fabric was sold for a somewhere around a $1.00 per yard. Now it's moved on to the customer for about $98.00 a yard. I'll probably continue my rant on this subject over on the rants and raves thread, as where it should be. Now that you have brought back these bad memories. One more thing. From the looks of your pictures you had a pretty nice job done at the upholstery shop. Are you happy with their work?
chtr65 is offline   Reply With Quote