View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #21
jastewart25

Re: 1st Square HELP!!

amen to that.

yeah, i'm definitely with you guys as far as used vs new for sure. in fact, when i get this truck going, i doubt i'll ever touch my chevy avalanche again!

what happened is after looking for a long time, this truck appeared but it was out of state. long story short, i didn't physically inspect the vehicle before purchasing. the guy lied about a lot but that's on me for buying it w/out physical inspection.

with that said, i do think it's a solid truck. i had 3 offers for it the day i brought it home and they keep coming.

i'm just wondering if mechanically challenged me bit off more than i can chew.

as far as fuel tanks, i filled up for the first time (both sides) and parked it. after about 2 hours, i came back and there was gas on the ground on both sides. and not just a little. it came with no exhaust pipes so the leak on drivers side is right by muffler. i was told not to drive it. i'm not sure exactly where leak is coming from but i will find out when my mechanic looks at it again to replace. on the top somewhere i was told.

i went ahead and ordered 2 new 16gal from lmc with 2 sending units. hoping current sending units are still good and i can get a refund.

i do have a question for you guys with duel tanks: my fuel gauge shows half full when switched to left tank. how does the fuel gauge work with duel tanks? only half full at any one time? when i switch over to full right tank (with car off) the gauge doesn't move.
jastewart25 is offline   Reply With Quote