View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:55 AM   #309
studeclunker

Re: What did you do WITH your truck today?

Well, I'm gonna try this again.
On Friday last I took a drive with my truck from the Walkingbear, east of Redding Ca. to Prineville Or. back to Fawn Lodge to rest up on Saturday. About a seven hundred or so mile round trip. The idea was to look at a Studebaker Pickup that was for sale there. Put half down on it and will pick it up early next month. Hopefully 97 won't be too nasty by then. Can't do it any sooner though wish I could.

Anyway, as a shakedown for the truck, it was flawless. The truck got decent mileage and performed beautifully. I was very pleased with it.

There's an issue with the wiring on the Dimmer Switch I have to figure out. Loose wires or something. Still, the engine ran like a top. Burned about half a quart of oil though. That number one cylinder is just going to have to be looked at I suppose. Still, we climbed over five thousand feet and the old man had no trouble doing the speed limit. I'm hoping it will be able to make the trip to Ocean Shores Wa. in the spring. We will see what happens. I love these old Chevy's. They were made for full-sized Americans and are very comfortable to drive. Annie, my canine copilot also enjoyed the trip considerably.
studeclunker is offline   Reply With Quote