Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #2607
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

so I returned the K-Source Car Mirror (pronounced Too Small) and bought two Truck Mirrors (pronounced Big Ones) site unseen

The new mirrors are well ahem bigger, I like them, but they do have that certain aftermarket je ne sais quoi about them, you know, cheap, light, flimzy, but we don't care about that (yet) they look good

now having played the mirror replacement game in the past with my '97 Tahoe (R.I.P. SUV) having chosen to replace with aftermarket rather than OEM, I know that a mirror is not fully tested until you have driven (at speed mind you) with said mirror or mirrors

when you drive with them you will look for two things:

1. The Wigglebility Factor - you want this as close to zero as possible

2. No Whistlin' Dixie - that's right some aftermarket mirrors tend to whislte or make noise, you don't want that either, or maybe you do, I'm just sayin'

~ This is me three years in the future (9/22/2018) giving you an update, don't buy these mirrors, they are plastic garbage and they literally fell off on Father's Day while driving home, one on a street the other on the freeway when I pasded a Grayhound bus, lol, these are cheap plastic garbage that vibrated so bad you could hardly see anything out of them in the first place, save your money! ~

Last edited by Gregski; 09-22-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote