View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:49 AM   #58
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

yeah I bought the bench and he threw in the buckets! the bench even has a fore-aft adjuster. I will put the buckets in the next truck, one I am actually pretty excited to get to.

I bought some belltech springs at a swap meet last year and they were a little crusty so I sanded them up and spritzed a little silver hammer on them
IMG_7663 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

made sure not to cover the proof
IMG_7664 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I started to put them in tonight when the paint dried. I believe that I am a lightning rod for ridiculous "who else but me can have these problems", so I plan ahead, I bought new shocks because I ALWAYS end up cutting the old ones out, new sway bar end links for the same reason. still, the drivers side took an hour before I had it ready for the shocks that I cant install yet because one of the speed clips broke and I am going to get the right ones at the dealer this time.
IMG_7665 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the front end on this truck has been completely rebuilt recently, all the bushings are newish looking and the ball joints are tight. there wasnt a single cotter pin in the drivers side though and the passenger side paid back in spades by breaking all the cotter pins requiring careful (and timely) extraction. then the lower balljoint stud spun while loosening it. *sigh*. I will try some more in the morning. if I cant get the balljoint nut off, all I can think to do is cut it off. which means replacing the lowers again, which means might as well do the uppers too. lets hope clamping it works.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote