Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #17
TxCajun

Re: Wampus Cat

Decided to install the front sway bar that I purchased from Performance Online when it was on sale a few months ago, part number FSBK6372. It's a 1 1/8 inch diameter bar, and the front pivots bolt directly to the underside of the frame so the bar is positioned relatively high with respect to the chassis. The parts appear to be good quality and the supplied hardware is Grade 5 bolts and nylok nuts.

One pair of bolts for the front pivots needed to go where the rivets holding the lower radiator brace to the main frame rails were located. I had not removed any of these chassis rivets before and was concerned about how hard that might be. However, I read a suggestion about using a cutoff wheel to cut an "X" in the rivet head and then knock the head off with a hammer and chisel. Tried it, and worked like a charm. A half dozen whacks with a five pound hammer and chisel, and the head was gone. The rivet can then be driven out with a punch.

After that, I just had to drill two more 3/8 holes in the frame and one in the front of each a-arm, then bolt everything up.
Attached Images

TxCajun is offline   Reply With Quote