View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #23
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Pops and My build 67 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSpaz View Post
Well, new problems. Started going over the truck and found the body shop didn't install half the bolts on anything they did. And the ones they did do were either stripped or left loose. Not only that, they didn't fit the hood before painting it. We have been going over everything they touched and making corrections.

I do have a question: Is a 67 hood the same as a 69? I ask because once I got the hood adjusted, then shut it, the sides are a bit higher than the top of the fenders. You can pretty much see what I'm talking about by looking at the pictures. The latch is also being a pain. The post goes down and locks, but the "safety hook" does nothing..... it does go up into the catch, but once the ball is released, the hook is already out of the catch. Any help before I run out and buy another $5-600 hood? Thank you

'67 and '68 hoods are the same and '69-72 hoods are the same, they won't interchange.

There should be adjustable stops at the front corners of the hood, they screw into the core support. Loosen the lock nuts and screw them down until the hood sits right.

Pictures of the hood latch and lock plate needed.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote