View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #819
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Wow Grizz, a lot has happened since I last checked in. Congrats on your new ride and good luck turning it from a tub on tiptoes to a resin sled. Glad to hear you're going to take the body up and off because that whole undercarriage looks like it could use some lovingkindness with a wire wheel. To lower it, you can get a couple inches with springs but it sounds like you want to go lower than that. If you can't get lowering spindles it looks to me like you may need to Z the front end and then let the rear frame up into the tub. Also, the rear axle needs to move back a fair bit to be centered.

Those bars to the front windshield or screen may be what keep the fiberglass from cracking at the lower corners. There has to be a lot of stress at those points when you are at speed since there is no roof.

You might consider a simple aluminum frame and skin at the doors. You might be able to set up the hinge pin so they just lift off.

I was already getting attached to your new cat and so I'm very sorry for how that turned out. She seemed so ready to be taken care of and take care of you in return. The mice were evidence of that.
Good to see you back here mate.

Thanks for the reply.

I currently plan to use shorter springs, shocks and also to relocate all mounting points.
It has been done before.
Check out tonight’s report below.

The bars on the windscreen were there to carry the radio up top and out of sight.

I suspect the original builder had a hard or certainly soft top.

Simple frame already in my mind,

No plan to make them removable but it is a better idea. So I will have to investigate options.

And regarding the Molly the cat......

Yes, I think she took to being back in a house almost instantly.

There is no doubt she was a house cat, but I guarantee you the owners threw her out, and took her to the transport yard, from where she walked away to my friend Darrens yard where she is treated well.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote