View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #75
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Well, time for a mid day update before I grab a bite to eat, and head back out and try to accomplish some more.

Essentially, sandblasting just isn't doing what I want it to do. Instead, it's just making a big mess. So, I'll save the blaster for smaller pieces that I can do outside to prep for paint.

Now it's time for the grinder and some sheet metal. The braces I mentioned before attach from the rock to the rear frame rail, and is where the leaf spring perch originally went. So, I'll cut out the bad, cut and bend some good, and get it welded in there.

I have a feeling that I;m going to invest in some POR 15 or something similar before this is all said and done.

After looking over my car some more, I realized it IS in fact really rough. And, as with any project, I need to stay grounded as far as my expectations. Is there anything wrong with a clean and solid driver? Hell no. And, I wouldn't want anything but that. So, I'll repair the rust as best as I can to my abilities, and make it solid and tight. Because after the repairs, almost everything gets covered by paint or more metal or trim...So as long as I know that the fix is of somewhat good quality..and you folk, since you're watching this build..lol...That's all that matters.

Alright, time to grab a sandwhich, shake the sand outta my ears, and head back out there.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote