View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #39
weq92f

Re: Haggerty Insurance turned me down

FWIW, I just picked up a Hagerty policy for my '67. I did this by phone. Within 5 minutes I had a policy and within the next 10 I had the email with the temporary verification as well.

This was a named value policy ( the `value` I put on it is what I have in it: >20k ) and something like 100k/200k for property and injury, uninsured motorist, 1500 work of spare garage parts, unlimited usage of towing ( 60miles/per paid ) and roadside assistance.

The only questions asked, aside from the usual year/make/model:

Is it stock?
Is it your daily driver?
What is your daily driver?
Will you participate in race or timed events?
How many miles a year will you drive?
How many licensed drivers in the house?
Who will be drivers?
Any tickets or accidents over last 3 years?

They required the drivers license numbers of all the licensed drivers in the house. Also, with my DL# and info, they were able to pull up via some source that there were indeed only two licensed drivers in my house. With that info came the DL# of my wife without my giving it to them.

Because I divulged garage-kept, my own residence, only drive on nice days to shows, meets and drive-ins and what not before he had a chance to ask questions, the list was probably shorter than it would have been.

I told the guy it wasn't really stock, that it had been modernized as far as engine, trasmission and some comfort stuff in the cab. I did not mention specifics like HP, CID or cost. Also told him that it's got upgraded brakes and suspension for ride/handling/safety, again no specifics. Definitely let him know that the truck isn't close to stock original.

No issue at all and the price, well... I have no frame of reference other than the coverage I was paying for it through Allstate. The Hagerty premium is only slightly more than what Allstate was charging me. I'm very pleased with that. I could have said no to the 1500 spare parts coverage, towing and such for 60 bucks/year. That said, the 60 bucks is a pretty good percentage of the overall premium, if that tells you anything!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote