View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
ApacheIvan

1972 Custom/20 Custom Camper with Avocado Plaid

Well I thought I should start my own build thread. My dad bought this truck in 1972 and put a Tiltin Hilton 8.5 camper on it and we traveled all over the country in it. Dad passed in 97 and I inherited it. We bought it in San Diego and it lived the first half of it's life in California. We brought it to PA where it deteriorated very quickly from the elements. I did my best to keep it original but in 2005 I ran into some financial struggles and sold it for a dollar to my uncle in PA who did a frame off restoration on it. Needless to say the guy who did the restoration on it ripped him off and took a lot of its character. Rebuilt the engine fixed all the rust and put a better bed on it, then painted it the original green and painted the top silver and took all the chrome off Took all the original AC out from under the hood and took the second tank that came with the truck. In 2015 my uncle fell ill and could not keep up with the truck and asked if I wanted to buy it back, which I did in a heartbeat. Since then I have been putting back everything that was robbed off the truck, AC is back, all original. Found most of the badges (still looking for the Custom Camper for doors). Will be buying the best side trim I can find. (Lower wood). Here are a few pictures that you probably have seen scattered around the forums.

The first is one of the only pics I have found when it came home in 72
Name:  72 custom camper.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  11.1 KB
In front of the camper is my 1960 Morris Mini Minor, which I still own as well.

More pics to follow.
Original Owner

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?**
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote