View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #73
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

I sat the engine short block in the frame and found all of my previous cross member pieces, and began to finish it. Once I got it finished, I welded up the holes in the frame from the 2wd cross member. I used some scrap steel and made some plugs to make it easier to fill in. I both welded the cross member in place and bolted it in just in case. I'm sure this truck will see some abuse in its life.

As you can see in the first pic, I ran into another problem when putting the dodge D60 in my chevy. I had a RH top cast mount from my chevy D60, but the inner bolt holes that go into the housing are different from the chevy and the dodge. So I started to build one because I knew the guy I got the dodge axle from more than likely didn't have the right one. I will have to finish that piece later. I also had issues finding my nuts for my u-bolts. Imagine that huh?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 11-30-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote