View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #8
71ChevySS(straight6)

Re: Thinking about building a rat rod with a 366. Worth it or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61K10 View Post
Do it!! thats what rat rods are all about-------------Axles might be a tad wide lol.
That's the idea, have the axles sticking out way past the body :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm9c1 View Post
I've seen some crazy rat rods. My favorites have always been ones built out of heavy duty trucks and combos that everyone else says is dumb. I like the idea of repurposing an otherwise useless piece of old iron. So go for it. The risk is there -- if something breaks, it may be harder to fix. But until it breaks, there's no reason not to use it, except your time to build it of course.
I love the crazy rat rod combos too. They just look badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
I could sell you a nice Crosley engine if you need one. The old 366 trucks with glass packs still sounded good around the yard and going down the road imo. If it was free I would use one.
I don't think I need a Crosley engine, but I can let my girlfriend know you have one for sale. She has five other Crosleys lmao
It won't be free, I made an offer of a thousand for the engine, trans, and axles. But it does sound awesome and run awesome in the truck it's in right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
I think free stuff should be used. I thought of this same idea as 366's can be had for almost nothing. My 307 can be abused by many peoples opinions but it was just sitting there free. $100 dollars worth of oil pump, timing chain,and freeze plugs and there you go. Should run long enough to get my 383 going. Then its blown tranny time and etc etc. But running moving vehicle for now.
And just think about the towing capability of the 366.
Like I told cadillac_al, it wouldn't be free, but it would be unique and awesome.

Rat rod build: 1949 Crosley Station Wagon body on 1993 Dodge D350 chassis, Cadillac 500 powerplant.
71ChevySS(straight6) is offline   Reply With Quote