View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

98 project freshen up

About a month ago I bought this 98 from a township auction. One owner truck for the town of Marlboro NJ.. I do a lot of buying cars at auction and scrapping etc with my towing business and although I have a little dodge Dakota plow truck I wanted something I could use as a third truck for my company. This fit the bill because it can tow, plow, and I know Marlboro takes good care of their trucks and provides an entire service record with the truck and this puppy only had 165K on it 5.7 motor.

Got it home and the first thing I did was to go and buy the plow hoop and begin the transfer of the plow that I had on an old 82 Chevy K10 that was pretty rusted and no title, The truck already had the chassis piece on it but the town had removed the controller and the pump set up was a little different

Once that was on and I got her registered , I began the testing to see what was wrong with the truck besides the listed items, and was surprised to find the list was 100% dead on.. We did a center link and steering stabilizer as well as front brakes and rotors. We also cleaned out the balance of the wiring that the town had in there for their radios and other safety apparatus they removed.
I then ran into this parts truck I picked up. The Marlboro truck was not optioned heavily and I decided I wanted to upgrade the seats to the split cloth bench and being a work truck all its life I wanted to get some cleaner dash pieces and maybe throw a carpet down instead of the rubber mat. I figure for $400 it was worth it ( especially after I junked it and got $327 for the carcass)
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote