Thread: Th350 question
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
Texasz71

Re: Th350 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
Well I got it all jacked up on blocks { I hate lowered trucks now } First thing I noticed was modulator hose by the tranny was not connected, hose looks bad and soft, would this cause my problem or start looking at the Governor . I,d like to take it for a test drive but is a pain to get the truck down and out and then jack it back up ,thought I would take suggestion first on the disconnected Mod line
Replace that little rubber connector. Also replace the one on the intake too. That should rule out vacuum leaks. Also might as well get a new modulator. Governor is on the opposite side of the trans. Round cover about 4 inches in diameter, towards the rear. Push the retaining clip off, pry the round cover off, some atf will come out, be prepared, spin the governor out. Theres a little piston inside it. Move the side wings simultaneously, does the piston move inside? If not, wack it, spray with your favorite lubricant, get it unstuck. Once its unstuck, stick it back in. Next, Check atf level. If it's too low or high, it wont shift.

Was the truck sitting awhile?

If you have done all this, you're in my boat now.

I'm checking vacuum psi today. If that's fine, I'm getting a new governor. If that doesnt work, trans rebuild.

Let me know if you have any other questions broseph
Texasz71 is offline   Reply With Quote