View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #6
ray_mcavoy

Re: Oil pressure gauge install information for disconnect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
At the gauge I need something that adapts from the compression sleeve nut female fitting on the back of the gauge and convert to 4 AN or is it -4 AN?

Would you know of such an adapter?
I'm not aware of any adapters like that. A few options I can think of:

(1) You might be able to find a gauge with NPT threads. I have seen one or two of these in some early square body (73 to 75 or so) medium duty trucks. They have an adapter (like on the engine) that goes to the sleeve nut fitting that could be removed and replaced with an NPT to AN adpater. I don't think these gauges are very common though and I'm not sure if they used them at all in 67-72 or not.

(2) You could make up a short section of tubing with a compression sleeve nut on the end that threads into the gauge and a regular compression to AN adapter on the other end.

(3) I remember taking a gauge cluster out of a truck and finding that a previous owner had adapted a standard compression fitting onto the gauge. It looked like they just took a male pipe adapter and threaded it into the back of the gauge with some thread sealer. I think the stock sleeve nuts have 5/16" threads, which is about the same OD as 1/16" NPT so the size is pretty close despite the thread pitch differences. Kind of a hokey fix but it seemed to have held okay.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote