View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: advanced auto parts

It`s people,wherever,that are the problem.Not the sign over the door.My Advance Auto definately sucks,unfortunately.Maybe we`ll get a better manager someday.I`ve never worked in parts sales.My work is suckin`bigtime.I think I could do better than that manager after a week on the job.I wish I could talk to the right person and slide in there.I`m serious.I know what I need when I go for parts.I`ve helped parts guys help me for almost 40 years.The manager at my local Napa is a total bonehead,too.But,I still go to both places.I just try to deal with someone else.The "kids" at Advance do better than their boss and they`re totally frustrated with him.The manager at Napa is a "kid" and must have married the owner`s daughter.Sometimes you just gotta weed through the b.s.
I`ve been buying GM parts from the same dealership for many years.Been through several countermen.One of the original ones is still there with another job in that department.There was one counterguy that I about climbed over the counter to whip his butt one day when I had had it with his attitude.The manager came out and straightened him right out when he saw it was me.It all depends on the person.That`s all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-01-2008 at 05:52 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote