View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #169
57 3100

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Agreed and much better looking in my opinion. More "correct looking" for our trucks or at least the look I'm going for...and apparently you're going for.

If you can, post some pictures and let me know if its really a straight forward bolt in, or if mods are required to align the pulleys, etc. I'd hate to have to grind on the chrome.

yep, i also like the factory style looking brackets on these old trucks too.
i dug into it today after work, and went farther than i thought i would. i think if you go with either bracket 4015 or 4049 you should be fine, but im running a long water pump and bracket number 4015 is needing modification. made a spacer for the top bolt and also had to open the holes up a bit. then, on the hedder mount brackets i will have to weld them together in some fashion since i need the alternator to mount more forward, again, because of my long water pump. i really feel you should have none of these problems because these brackets are made for drivers side alternator with short water pump, as you are running.
im a welder by trade and love fabbing stuff up like this, and it helps that i have a TIG welder here at the house.
but yes, when its done i will post pics for sure.
take care.

leonard
57 3100 is offline   Reply With Quote