View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #127
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

A great big THANK YOU to every one of you for the support! Kathy had surgery on Tuesday and is doing very well. The doctor made two incisions, one to remove the lump and the other to remove some armpit lymph nodes. He used superglue to close the cuts, so she won't have to go back to have stitches removed. They took a preliminary look at the lymph nodes and they showed no sign that the cancer had migrated beyond the lump which was very good news. If the full pathology results we get tomorrow confirm that, she won't require any chemo. Four weeks in the bug zapper and she'll be done except for follow-up visits. So, hopefully, she's out of the woods. I can't wait for her to be back to 100%. Fixing meals, doing dishes and laundry, running errands and etc. makes me appreciate how much she does for me on a daily basis.

Crusty sold yesterday. They didn't provide many details, but they did say an international buyer purchased it. For those who have never sold via a consignment shop, take if from me, you really need to go over the fine print carefully. Turns out the bottom line, net-to-owner figure is all you get. The commission percentage they quote is their "minimum". So anything extra over and above the seller reserve goes in their pocket instead of increasing the net figure. A bit of a burn there, but water under the bridge. Hope the new owner appreciates the amount of work that went into it.

Deconstruction on the wagon continues. The interior is pretty much gutted at this point. A PO must have bought a bunch of 3/16 plate steel on sale. One of the shock mounts and the rear passenger floorboard were both patched with it. They just scabbed it on over the rot, but that makes it pretty easy to cut out. The storage closet I rented is filling up quickly. I should have just enough room to stash the parts I've been removing. If I can remember, I'll take a photo next time I'm there. More later.

Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote