View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #1759
CC69Rat

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10Dream'n View Post
As well they should be...a stunning beauty as she is, who wouldn't
Thanks man, Your truck turned out amazing too! Great job, it looks much better with the 4/6. (or 5/7 .. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse970 View Post
This truck really turned out nice, it's interesting how your plan evolved. I am doing a little wheel research and this thread is great for that! I'd guess that you gained a few gray hairs over the wheels on this truck!LOL it really looks great! Congrats!

One question, can you tell me if the wheels on this truck would fit on a '68 stepside w/4.5/7 drop using the same sizes and backspace?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you man. Yes, I'm only 40 and as you can tell from the pictures I have more salt than pepper! .. my my wife LOVES it. It won't be dying it anytime soon. ..

Wheels are a huge step. If you're thinking Billets, .. you have to get it perfect the first time. No question about it. $4500-$5000 for wheels and tires I'd be sick if I messed it up.

68 stepside question - As you know, I had a step bed on my 68 at one point and had ordered billets for it too. I just didn't quite like the way the wheels fit the truck to be honest. Nothing against the wheels but I just like a fleet bed. Nothing wrong with a stepper, .. no way .. but you can just get more tire under a fleet bed.

Not assuming you don't know but the 67-68 trucks had a little more narrow rear end housing than the later years. I'm thinking your truck will have the more narrow rear end. My 68 BB does too so I'm going to give you my measurements off my stepper.

I used:

20x8.5" wheels all the way around. the fronts had 5.5" backspacing, the rears had 4.75" backspacing. Honestly it was really tight on this truck to make the tires and wheels 'tuck' under the fenders. I had a 255/45 on the rear, and 255/40 on the front.

If I had it to do over I would have used 5 3/8 BS up front and the same in the rear.

I can tell you if you want to do 22 in the back. The setup Keith had on Stella Mae was incredible.

20x8.5 with 5.25" BS 255/40/20
22x9 with 5" BS 265/40/22
Early housing.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote