View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Re: Problems with GMC Pauls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive View Post
it is not uncommon for vendors to ask another vendor to drop ship, or suppy, a part for a customer. It's done in an effort to take care of the customer....not to decieve.
With people wanting everything yesterday for a 40 year old vehicle from a source 1/2 way across the country,it takes alot to keep them happy.Especially when they aren`t that knowledgeable on the vehicle.It`s hard to know when to question what they are asking for and when to give them what they ask for.I read in this thread that a wrong gas cap was sent as a complaint agaist this vendor on the www,then an explanation why the guyer ordered the wrong thing because some other business misled him.This is a specialty market and very few vendors are "Big Time".You can`t have someone by the phone all day waiting for a call or two.We should be grateful for 24/7 e-mail ordering.If some of you only knew what it "was"like aquiring parts years ago,I know you`d complain alot less.I`m just happy the parts are available.This was not always the case,either.
It sounds to me like the vendor made good effort to do right.Do you know that buying from another vendor to facilitate a timely order often nets less profit for the vendor?That`s customer service for ya.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote